Thought Repository

The Fate Of the Semester

Next hard decision. What to do next semester. Greg has asked me stay at PlayMotion! for a co-op. He wants me to decide by the 15th. I'm having a hard time.

On the one hand, I could use the money. I didn't really make any this summer, so my savings is going to go bye-bye this year if I go back.

On the other hand, the logistics of either still paying for my room at school or finding another person that will be OK with Adam and getting my stuff out of there and either in storage or down here and also finding a place to live down here that I can get for only a couple months (that aren't summer) and then having to find a different place back in Pittsburgh for the Spring, seems like it might invalidate the money savings. Plus I just don't really want to do all this.

Pety issues aside, I'm not sure which I want to do more. On the one hand I really would like to see some of these projects though. PlayMotion! is doing well, and I really like being part of it. We have some stuff coming up and I don't want to be left out.

On the other hand, I'd be leaving in the Spring anyway so I'm going to miss out some either way. I can always decide to go back for the Spring if they'll let me, or when I graduate.

Since I'd be paying for school anyway, I feel that perhaps I should go back there. I've gotten the PlayMotion! experience and if I want more I can do that later. At the ETC I can do some new things. I can also take some classes I really want. I can TA BVW for the last time that I'll have at that experience that I like. Is that just me not wanting to give up school despite the opportunity to work and help my career, or is it sound logic?

I was thinking about it like this and had talked to Dad. I was decided I should go back and see what happens in the Spring depending on the Fall and whether my booth project gets accepted. Then I got an email from Todd saying "definately go for the co-op", without and reasoning. Is it that much of an obvious choice that he doesn't even think he needs to explain it? What am I missing? Well, after talking to Randy we decided I can benefit by going back and I'm going to.

The ideal would be if I could go back and continue to work part time so that I'd make some money and I'd still get to finish the things I started. I'm going to try to convince Greg.